Saturday 26 May 2012

Exclusive Interview with Peter Vincenti

I was lucky enough to get a interview arranged with Peter Vincenti exclusively for this blog. In this interview Peter talks about the last season, his targets for next season and reveals some facts about his team mates!


1) Peter, It has been a great season for Aldershot, a good league position and a terrific Carling cup run! What has been your best part of this season?


Peter: I will take a lot of good memories from this season. I always enjoy the opening day of any season and beating Bradford away was enjoyable and the 2-1 win over Swindon at home. Obviously the cup run was special and playing Manchester United will be something I will always remember but the best part for me was beating West Ham at Upton Park. The atmosphere was terrific and coming away with the win made it even better.


2) You chipped in with some important goal this season.  Do you see yourself as a striker or a midfielder?


Peter: I'm comfortable playing either position but I see myself more as a midfielder as that is the position I played growing up and it feels more natural to me.


3) What are your personal targets for next season?


Peter: I would like to improve my goal return next season. Their are other goals and targets I have both personally and for the club but I prefer to keep them private.


4) How pleasing was the impact young players like Adam Mekki had on the side this season?


Peter: It's fantastic to see the young players coming through and Mekki has done really well since coming back from loan and getting into the first team. He is an exciting player and there is plenty more to come from him. Other young players are also doing well and starting come through like Reece Connolly, Doug Bergvist and more recently Jordan Roberts. We've also had some of the younger ones train with us like Jack Barton amongst others who will progress and will become good players.


5) Signings such as Guy Madjo, Wilko Risser and Ross Worner have been really important this season. Would you like to see some new faces arrive this summer?


Peter: There are always going to be a few new faces coming in and some leaving us. It is exciting seeing the new players coming in and seeing what they will bring to the team. It will also increase competition for places and so its up to the current players to carry on improving everyday in training.


6) Now for some more laid back questions! Who is the loudest in the dressing room?


Peter: Although he is not a player it has got to be our goalkeeping coach Bayso (Ashley Bayes) ! The man is literally non stop and you can hear him from a mile away! I think he's 40 going on 18. He's a great character to have around the place.


7) Who is the team joker?


Peter: To be fair we have a few in the dressing room so you have to be on guard. There are a few jokes and pranks at the minute which are still unsolved so don't want to give the culprits away!


8) Who spends the most time looking in the mirror?


Peter: There are a couple of lads who take care of themselves. Josh Payne spends quite a bit of time in front of the mirror making sure everything is perfect and Aaron Morris has all his moisturizers in his wash bag!


9) Who takes training the most seriously?


Peter: Ben Herd! All the lads take it seriously but him more than others.


10) What boots do you wear?


Peter: Adidas Predators .


11) Who are your idols in football?


Peter: Kaka has been my favourite player for a few years now since I saw him play when he was AC Milan against Manchester United at Old Trafford. He was outstanding and by far the best player on the pitch that night and I have liked him since.


12) And finnaly, what is your favourite Shots chant?


Peter: "Keep the red flag flying high!" is one I  like. I also enjoy the humour from the fans. Like when were 1-0 down against Manchester United they started sing "We're gonna win 6-1!" which made me laugh!






Pete Vincenti











No comments:

Post a Comment