Tuesday 6 March 2012

Josh Payne - Now a shot!

Yesterday I came home from school to the fantastic news that Josh Payne had signed a permanent deal with Aldershot Town. This really pleased me. I had been at the EBB Stadium on Saturday to watch the Shots battle to a 1-0 win over Morecambe and Josh Payne really stood out. He was one of the key men, he controlled the game. A real talent.
    Why Oxford chose to allow Payne out on loan in the first place I do not know! Payne quite clearly has a lot of talent. His first touch is sensational and he has a great footballing brain. He picks the right passes, he knows when it is right to run with the ball and when he should pass, he knows when to hold the ball up and slow the play down and he seems to know where everyone is on the pitch! He is skillful and and it appears he can play anywhere across the midfield capably. He has a good shot too and he definitely tested the keeper in the Morecambe game!
    The signing of Josh Payne clearly shows intent from the club and I am really impressed by the quality of signings recently made by Aldershot. Josh Payne and Guy Madjo have both made really big impressions and we also signed an international player in big Namibian Wilko Risser. The future looks bright for Aldershot and I firmly believe that the club can reach league 1 in the next 2 years!



Please follow me on twitter: @Westlea11


If you have anything you would like me to write about to do with Aldershot Town suggestions would be really welcome!




Also just to say I am going to be watching a game from the Aldershot press box as a journalist for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment